On March 8, 1933, six months after the last reading, Josefina Díaz de Artiaga’s company premiered the play at the Teatro Beatriz. It was directed by Eduardo Marquina and Federico García Lorca himself. His brother Francisco, present at the rehearsals and the premiere, recalls those days in Federico and his world: “It represented Federico’s first success as a playwright”. But total success had to wait for the premiere in Buenos Aires. The actress Lola Membrives takes it to the stage at the Maipo theater in Buenos Aires on July 29 of the same year. The overwhelming success led it to be staged again at the Avenida theater, in the same city. And Lorca went to witness the triumph. Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Rosario and Córdoba. The unanimity of the critics is notable: “Rarely have the Buenos Aires theater chroniclers been so unanimous in extolling the merits of a foreign novelty”. The play was revived in Buenos Aires (it reached 150 performances), where Lorca stayed from October 1933 until the following year. However, the revival in Madrid by Membrives does not achieve the same success, which also occurred when the play was staged shortly before in New York in its English version.