The Casa de los Tiros (House of the Shots) was built between 1530 and 1540 in the style of the Granada palaces of the time. It is so called after the cannons that protrude between its battlements. It was part of the wall of the Alfareros neighborhood, hence its similarity to a military fortress.
Only the tower of the original building is preserved, around which other buildings have been constructed at a later date. The polychrome coffered ceiling of the Golden Square or main hall stands out, as well as the Plateresque doors.
In 1921, it became property of the State and since then it has been the seat of the House-Museum of the Casa de los Tiros, whose exhibition space is divided between landscape, Orientalism, travel, industrial arts and nineteenth-century costumbrismo (traditional art), all with Granada as the unifying theme.
It has a newspaper library on the subject of Granada, an archive and a library specializing in travel books and local themes.